Valerie C. Woodard Center
3205 Freedom Drive, Suite 2000
Charlotte, NC 28208
Send an Email
Since January 1, 2002 there have been 106 domestic violence related homicides in Mecklenburg County. (Average 7 per year) Check the number of Calls for Service in the DV Data Warehouse.There have been 1,068 "intimate partner" related homicide in North Carolina in the same time period. Mecklenburg County has led the State of North Carolina in most of these years. (Average 71 per year)
For more information on the effects of domestic violence in our community, call Mecklenburg County Community Support Services Prevention and Intervention Services Division at 704-336-3210 or Safe Alliance's Shelter for Battered Women 24-hour hotline at 704-332-2513.
For more information on this listing and other domestic violence public awareness efforts, call 704-336-3210 or email CSSPrevention@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov.
1. Date: July 11, 2016 Victim Name: Lorene Potter Simpson, 54 Alleged Perpetrator: Mark Peter O'Dell, 58 Relationship: Ex-Boyfriend Town: Pineville County: Mecklenburg Weapon: Firearm
2. Date: July 24, 2016 Victim Name: Maria Rocha, 43 Alleged Perpetrator: Miguel A. Hernandez, 45 Relationship: Boyfriend Town: Charlotte County: Mecklenburg Weapon: Knife
3. Date: August 15, 2016 Victim Name: Michael Anthony Gretsinger, 38 Alleged Perpetrator: Timothy Lavaun Crumitie, age 50 Relationship: Girlfriend's ex-boyfriend Town: Charlotte County: Mecklenburg Weapon: Firearm
4. Date: August 22, 2016 Victim Name: Mary Tarr, 20 Alleged Perpetrator: Jalen Marquise Anderson, 23 Relationship: Boyfriend Town: Charlotte County: Mecklenburg Weapon: Firearm
5. Date: November 08, 2016 Victim Name: Christopher Bernard Watson Jr., 27 Alleged Perpetrator: Rece Cherrell King, 21 Relationship: Girlfriend Town: Charlotte County: Mecklenburg Weapon: Firearm
County services are operating at a limited capacity. Questions about COVID-19? Call Public Health Hotline: 980-314-9400