The following are amendments to the proposed Detailed Plan of Action, originally included in the March 31, 2020, correspondence from the North Carolina Automobile Dealers Association and the Greater Charlotte Auto Dealers Association.
Detailed Plan of Action
1) Adherence to the following requirements specified in Executive Order 121 for those businesses classified and Essential Businesses and Operations:
In addition to the Governor's Executive Order 121, the following other practices will be implemented:
2) Motor vehicle sales conducted by appointment.
3) Posting online whether a facility is open and how best to reach the facility and continue services by phone or remotely.
4) Designate six-foot distances with signage, tape, or by other means, six-foot spacing for employees and customers to maintain appropriate distance and maintaining at least six-foot social distancing from other individuals.
5) No more than 10 people, including customers and employees, in the showroom at any one time.
6) All customer lounges closed.
7) Tables available outside the showroom for customers who wish to conduct transaction outside of showroom.
8) Hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available for employees and customers.
9) No test drives permitted unless expressly requested by the purchaser and only conducted in adherence to the following requirements:
a. Vehicle are completely sanitized with COVID-19 approved products after every test drive with a card stating time it was driven and when it was sanitized.b. No sales representative riding in vehicle with a customer.c. Customer to wear gloves that are provided by dealership while test driving vehicle.d. Seat mats to be used for the test drive.e. Vehicles test driven will not be driven by another potential customer for 72 hours.
10) To the extent legally possible, conduct off-site / home delivery of vehicles.
11) Adhere to CDC recommendations for maintaining a safe workplace, including the measures referenced above as well as:
VIEW ALL NEWS
County services are operating at a limited capacity. Questions about COVID-19? Call Public Health Hotline: 980-314-9400