Send an Email
It is the policy of Mecklenburg County to provide women, minorities, and small businesses equal opportunity to participate in construction and professional services contracts. Through the MWSBE program, the County has set aspirational goals for participation by women, minorities, and sm all businesses. Check Eligibility
Nominations are being accepted for the following award categories:
- Certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE) of the YearThis award is presented to a City of Charlotte certified Small Business Enterprise that, among other attributes, has driven economic development in the Charlotte - Mecklenburg region.
- Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) of the YearThis award is presented to a minority-owned business certified by the State of North Carolina that has demonstrated sound business strategies while driving economic development in the Charlotte - Mecklenburg region.
- Certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) of the YearThis award is presented to a woman-owned business certified by the State of North Carolina that has demonstrated sound business strategies while driving economic development in the Charlotte - Mecklenburg region.
- Prime Contractor of the YearThis award is presented to a Prime Contractor that demonstrates exemplary leadership while embracing and engaging in diversity initiatives and efforts.
- Diversity Advocate of the YearThis award is presented to an individual or organization who champions diversity and inclusion best practices, ideas and strategies to increase the overall participation of MWSBE opportunities in the Charlotte - Mecklenburg region.Complete the nomination form here. Residents and business owners can nominate any MWSBE in Mecklenburg County. Self- nominations are welcome. Nominees must be in good standing with the City and County. All nominations must be submitted no later than Friday, Feb. 8. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Thursday, May 16.
Mecklenburg County Bid Opportunities
Office location: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center2nd Floor – Suite 226600 East Fourth StreetCharlotte, NC 28202
The MWSBE procurement component is a voluntary goal program; however, competitive bidding is still required for all contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and distributors. The MWSBE Program encourages departments to actively seek MWSBE participation as that all are aware of, and may benefit from the opportunities associated with the growth and success our community.
Bid opportunities are posted on this web page and on the State interactive purchasing system.