Send an Email
May 21, 2020: During these extraordinary times, we have continued to see numerous people coming together in countless ways, to care for each other and their communities.
We know that many of our citizens are READY to come back to the Parks and Centers to HELP…
BUT SAFETY WILL ALWAYS BE OUR TOP PRIORITY!
*PARK & RECREATION VOLUNTEER PROJECTS, EVENTS AND OPPORTUNITIES ARE STILL "ON HOLD" UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!* County offices are now scheduled to begin reopening July 1.
Here are a few ways YOU can help out in your Parks NOW:
For the latest information for Mecklenburg County, visit
CHECK OUT THE MAY EDITION OF THE "VOLUNTEER NEWS" HERE:
VOLUNTEER NEWS May 2020.pdf
Watch this space for updates, or contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov to find out what's coming up!
INFORMATION ABOUT 2020 MECKLENBURG COUNTY SENIOR GAMES
Mecklenburg County 2020 Senior Games has been canceled except for Silver Arts which is inclusive of Performing Arts (shifted to virtual format). THANK YOU to everyone who had signed up to Volunteer with the Senior Games this year - we look forward to working with you in 2021!
Contact Michael.Moraglia@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov if you have questions about Senior Games.
- If you would like to schedule a group project in a Park later this year (after Labor Day) for your company, church, Scout troop, university, club, neighborhood association or community group...PLEASE CONTACT US! We will be happy to arrange a date for you. Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov *Social distancing and any other health recommendations will continue to be observed!*
- If you have already registered as a Coach or other ongoing Volunteer position, remember that your application will remain in force for a full year; and that you will be welcome to Volunteer with us later in the year, as soon as facilities are reopened. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
We will do our best to post any changes in a timely manner - contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov or call 980-314-1046 if you have any questions about upcoming Volunteer opportunities. Thank you!
SATURDAY PROJECTS HAVE BEEN INTERRUPTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - projects are open to the public, you must pre-register - once new dates are posted, you can sign up by contacting Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
To sign up to Volunteer, CONTACT US at: VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov We LOVE our Volunteers, and we want to make it EASY for you to come and help your community! Here are a couple of things you need to know:
- For some Volunteer opportunities, you need to enroll in our Volunteer Program - enrollment includes an on-line application and a background check. For Volunteer Screening Guidelines click on the link below. You MUST register/enroll in the Volunteer Program to be a Coach for any sport; or to assist with an ongoing program on a regular basis (Example: tutoring once a week, teaching ESL). To enroll in the Volunteer Program, please contact us at VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov
- You do NOT need to enroll in the Volunteer Program for one-day events or projects, or to help with a program ONE time (Example: chaperoning ONE field trip for an after-school program; Volunteering for a Saturday project).
- Criminal record checks will be conducted for all applicants age 16 and up when enrolling in our volunteer program.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years old.
- Volunteers working with Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services must be at least 18 years old.
May 28, 2020
May 26, 2020
at CT Myers Golf Course... at 8:30AM
at Virtual meeting at 6:00PM
at Administrative Office... at 6:00PM