Send an Email
*MANY PARK & RECREATION VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES REMAIN "ON HOLD," but a growing number of Park, Greenway and Nature Preserve projects are being scheduled now! Please check out the information below and in the "Volunteer News" for upcoming opportunities to help!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here are a few ways YOU can keep helping in your Parks NOW:
Check out the OCTOBER EDITION of the "VOLUNTEER NEWS":
VOLUNTEER NEWS October 2020.pdf
"A WALK IN THE PARK" Cleanup Projects - Sign up today to help keep your favorite Park or Greenway clean and healthy by picking up trash! A great way to spend an hour at lunchtime on Tuesdays, 11:00am-12:00, getting outdoors and helping in your community.
*REGISTER AT THIS LINK FOR FALL: Park and Rec Volunteers: FALL Walk In The Park Cleanups
UPCOMING DATES AND LOCATIONS:
SATURDAY PARK PROJECTS ARE HERE - Help keep YOUR Parks clean and beautiful! Each Volunteer must REGISTER AT THIS LINK: Park and Rec Volunteers: Saturday Park Projects
Volunteers will benefit their community and the environment – and support Park & Recreation staff! – by cleaning up trash and debris, picking up tree limbs, etc. All Saturday projects are 9:00am – 11:00am
*Project dates and/or locations are subject to change - Spaces are limited!
QUESTIONS? Contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov for more information about Volunteering for any project with Park & Recreation!
SCOUT PROJECT INFORMATION Jun2020.pdf
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- If you would like to schedule a GROUP PROJECT in a Park for your company, church, Scout troop, university, club, neighborhood association or community group...PLEASE CONTACT US! We will be happy to arrange a date for you. Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov *Social distancing and any other health recommendations will continue to be observed!*
- If you have already registered as a Coach or other ongoing Volunteer position, remember that your application will remain in force for a full year; and that you will be welcome to Volunteer with us later in the year, once facilities have reopened and sports can begin. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
We will do our best to post any changes in a timely manner - contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov or call 980-314-1046 if you have any questions about upcoming Volunteer opportunities. Thank you!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
To sign up to Volunteer, CONTACT US at: VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov We LOVE our Volunteers, and we want to make it EASY for you to come and help your community! Here are a couple of things you need to know:
- For some Volunteer opportunities, you need to enroll in our Volunteer Program - enrollment includes an on-line application and a background check. For Volunteer Screening Guidelines click on the link below. You MUST register/enroll in the Volunteer Program to be a Coach for any sport; or to assist with an ongoing program on a regular basis (Example: tutoring once a week, teaching ESL). To enroll in the Volunteer Program, please contact us at VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov
- You do NOT need to enroll in the Volunteer Program for one-day events or projects, or to help with a program ONE time, or for less than 10 hours total (Example: chaperoning ONE field trip for an after-school program; Volunteering for a Saturday project).
- Criminal record checks will be conducted for all applicants age 16 and up when enrolling in our volunteer program.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years old.
- Volunteers working with Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services must be at least 18 years old.
County services are operating at a limited capacity. Questions about COVID-19? Call Public Health Hotline: 980-314-9400