Send an Email
WE MISS OUR AMAZING VOLUNTEERS!
As of late July, North Carolina and Mecklenburg County have again EXTENDED Phase 2 of reopening due to the ongoing coronavirus situation.
For the latest information for Mecklenburg County, visit https://www.mecknc.gov/Pages/Home.aspx
*MOST PARK & RECREATION VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES REMAIN "ON HOLD" FOR NOW!*
The application/background check process for ongoing Volunteers is still suspended at this time.
Here are a few ways YOU can help out in your Parks NOW:
CHECK OUT THE AUGUST EDITION OF THE "VOLUNTEER NEWS" HERE:
VOLUNTEER NEWS August 2020.pdf
Watch this space for updates, or contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov to find out what's coming up!
NEW! SCOUT PROJECT INFORMATION Jun2020.pdf
SATURDAY PROJECTS - WATCH FOR FALL DATES! Saturday Projects are open for public sign-up, and will be planned once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov to receive more information!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- If you would like to schedule a GROUP PROJECT in a Park later this year (after Labor Day) for your company, church, Scout troop, university, club, neighborhood association or community group...PLEASE CONTACT US! We will be happy to arrange a date for you. Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov *Social distancing and any other health recommendations will continue to be observed!*
- If you have already registered as a Coach or other ongoing Volunteer position, remember that your application will remain in force for a full year; and that you will be welcome to Volunteer with us later in the year, once facilities have reopened and sports can begin. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
We will do our best to post any changes in a timely manner - contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov or call 980-314-1046 if you have any questions about upcoming Volunteer opportunities. Thank you!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
To sign up to Volunteer, CONTACT US at: VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov We LOVE our Volunteers, and we want to make it EASY for you to come and help your community! Here are a couple of things you need to know:
- For some Volunteer opportunities, you need to enroll in our Volunteer Program - enrollment includes an on-line application and a background check. For Volunteer Screening Guidelines click on the link below. You MUST register/enroll in the Volunteer Program to be a Coach for any sport; or to assist with an ongoing program on a regular basis (Example: tutoring once a week, teaching ESL). To enroll in the Volunteer Program, please contact us at VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov
- You do NOT need to enroll in the Volunteer Program for one-day events or projects, or to help with a program ONE time, or for less than 10 hours total (Example: chaperoning ONE field trip for an after-school program; Volunteering for a Saturday project).
- Criminal record checks will be conducted for all applicants age 16 and up when enrolling in our volunteer program.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years old.
- Volunteers working with Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services must be at least 18 years old.
County services are operating at a limited capacity. Questions about COVID-19? Call Public Health Hotline: 980-314-9400