Send an Email
JULY IS NATIONAL PARK & RECREATION MONTH! HELP US TELL "OUR PARK AND RECREATION STORY"
Since 1985, people in the United States have celebrated Park and Recreation Month in July to promote building strong, vibrant and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation, and to recognize the more than 160,000 full-time park and recreation professionals — along with hundreds of thousands of part-time and seasonal workers and volunteers — that maintain our country’s local, state and community parks.
Be sure to share YOUR "Park and Recreation Story" with us: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeckParkRec/
Twitter: @meckparkrec ~ ~ ~ Instagram: meckparkrec
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Have you had a GREAT TIME Volunteering with Park & Recreation? WE'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT! Click on this link to complete our quick-and-easy survey:
Recreation Volunteer Survey
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sign up for WAKE UP "WALK IN THE PARK" Litter Cleanups beginning TUESDAY, JULY 13th – ALL DATES 8:00am-9:00am - REGISTER HERE FOR NEW DATES: SignUp Genius: Park & Recreation SUMMER VOLUNTEER PROJECTS
QUESTIONS? Contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov
"PARK PICKERS" - Do you carry a plastic grocery bag with you everywhere? Do
you collect the papers, bottles, cans, and Styrofoam that storms and people
leave behind? Do you LOVE your Parks and want to help care for the
environment? If you answered YES, YES, YES, then you are a PARK PICKER, and
we’d like to THANK YOU!
CLICK on the “I’m a PARK PICKER” link below and
answer a few quick questions, so that we can see WHERE you helped out and HOW
MANY bags of litter you picked up! Post a photo and you may see yourself on our
Instagram account (@meckparkrec). P.S. – PLEASE stay safe in the Parks while you’re “picking”
– ALWAYS wear gloves, and NEVER handle anything sharp or hazardous!
THANK YOU for being a PARK PICKER!
I'm a PARK PICKER!
SCOUT PROJECT INFORMATION Feb2021.pdf
SCOUT PROJECTS Staff Approved June2021.pdf
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- If you would like to schedule a GROUP PROJECT in a Park for your company, church, Scout troop, university, club, neighborhood association or community group...PLEASE CONTACT US! We will be happy to arrange a date from August and forward - we avoid scheduling group projects in July, due to heavy Park use and staff schedules. Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov *Social distancing and any other health recommendations will continue to be observed!*
We will do our best to post any changes in a timely manner - contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov or call 980-314-1046 if you have any questions about upcoming Volunteer opportunities. Thank you!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>> To request a modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services staff at 980-314-1192 or email TRInfo@MeckNC.gov
QUESTIONS ABOUT VOLUNTEERING? CONTACT: VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov We LOVE our Volunteers, and we want to make it EASY for you to come and help your community! Here are a couple of things you need to know:
- For some Volunteer opportunities, you need to enroll in our Volunteer Program - enrollment includes an on-line application and a background check. For Volunteer Screening Guidelines click on the link below.
- You MUST register/enroll in the Volunteer Program to be a Coach for any sport; or to assist with an ongoing program on a regular basis, IN PERSON OR VIRTUALLY (Example: tutoring once a week, teaching ESL). To receive the application link, if needed, please contact VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov
- You do NOT need to enroll in the Volunteer Program for one-day events or projects, or to help with a program ONE time, or for less than 10 hours total (Example: chaperoning ONE field trip for an after-school program; Volunteering for a Park project).
- Background checks will be conducted for all applicants age 16 and up when enrolling in our volunteer program.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years old.
- Volunteers working with Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services must be at least 18 years old.
Volunteer Screening Process 11.30.20.pdf
County services have returned to their normal schedule unless noted otherwise. Read the latest service availability update.