Send an Email
THANK YOU to ALL OF OUR FANTASTIC VOLUNTEERS for taking so much PRIDE in YOUR Park & Recreation Department - WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Check out the *BRAND NEW* FEBRUARY 2023 EDITION of the VOLUNTEER NEWS:
VOLUNTEER NEWS February 2023.pdf
Visit our user-friendly Volunteer registration site at:
Park & Recreation Volunteer CONNECT (Brought to you by Galaxy Digital)
CALLING ALL COACHES! We depend on hundreds of Volunteer coaches every year to help make our Youth Sports AMAZING! >>> BASKETBALL SEASON IS IN FULL SWING...But NOW IS THE TIME to sign up to coach BASEBALL/TEEBALL or TRACK & FIELD! *INDOOR SOCCER is also offered at select Recreation Centers - Check the *Volunteer News* for more information!
CONTACT VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov to check your status, or for the Volunteer application link - Please have a Recreation Center in mind where you would like to Coach (or we can help you with that!) >>SIGN UP TODAY TO COACH YOUR FAVORITE SPORT, OR TRY SOMETHING NEW!
Are YOU a PARK PICKER?
Do you carry a plastic grocery bag with you everywhere? Do you collect the papers, bottles, cans, and Styrofoam that storms and people leave behind? Do you LOVE your Parks and want to help care for the environment? If you answered YES, YES, YES, then you are a PARK PICKER, and we'd like to THANK YOU!
CLICK HERE on the I'm a PARK PICKER! link and answer a few quick questions, so that we can see WHERE you helped out , WHEN you were there, and HOW MANY bags of litter you picked up! Post a photo and you may see yourself on our Instagram account (@meckparkrec).
P.S. – PLEASE stay safe in the Parks while you're "picking" – ALWAYS wear gloves, and NEVER handle anything sharp or hazardous! THANK YOU for being a PARK PICKER!
Have you had a GREAT TIME Volunteering with Park & Recreation?
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!
Click on this link to complete our quick-and-easy survey:
Park & Recreation Volunteer Survey
SCOUT PROJECT INFORMATION July 2022.pdf
Park & Recreation accepts LIMITED Scout projects, on a case-by-case basis. Contact VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov with YOUR idea to get started!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
GROUP PROJECTS ARE BACK...Schedule YOUR group's Park project NOW for the Spring!
- If you would like to schedule a GROUP PROJECT at a Park, Greenway or Nature Preserve for your company, church, Scout troop, university, club, neighborhood association or community group...PLEASE CONTACT US! Park projects for groups of 10 or more Volunteers will be scheduled on Tues/Wed/Thur mornings, beginning in mid-February 2023! If you need to schedule at a different time, or on a weekend, we are happy to arrange for a self-guided litter cleanup on your schedule.
*Social distancing and any other health recommendations will continue to be observed!*
We will do our best to post any changes in a timely manner - contact Karen.Howard@MeckNC.gov or call 980-314-1046 if you have any questions about upcoming Volunteer opportunities. Thank you!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>> To request a modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services staff at 980-314-1192 or email TRInfo@MeckNC.gov
QUESTIONS ABOUT VOLUNTEERING? CONTACT: VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov We LOVE our Volunteers, and we want to make it EASY for you to come and help your community! Here are a couple of things you need to know:
- For some Volunteer opportunities, you need to enroll in our Volunteer Program - enrollment includes an on-line application and a background check. For Volunteer Screening Criteria click on the link below.
- You MUST register/enroll in the Volunteer Program to be a Coach for any sport; or to assist with an ongoing program on a regular basis, IN PERSON OR VIRTUALLY (Example: tutoring once a week, teaching ESL). To receive the application link, if needed, please contact VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov
- You do NOT need to enroll in the Volunteer Program for one-day events or projects, or to help with a program ONE time, or for less than 10 hours total (Example: chaperoning ONE field trip for an after-school program; Volunteering for a Park project).
- Background checks will be conducted for all applicants age 16 and up when enrolling in our volunteer program.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years old.
- Volunteers working with Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services must be at least 18 years old.
Volunteer Screening Process 11.29.21.pdf