Send an Email
Do you know all the ways to Volunteer with Park & Recreation?
- Beautify a Park, Nature Preserve or Greenway on a Saturday
- Sign up to be a Youth Sports coach or team assistant
- Participate in a group project on a weekday with your company, school, church, university, agency or neighborhood organization
- Volunteer as a program assistant at a Recreation Center or a Senior Center, or with Therapeutic and Inclusive Recreation Services
- Become a Volunteer or Master Naturalist at a Nature Center - attend an orientation session to find out how!
Natural Resources Volunteer Roles updated Dec2017.pdf
- Summer Camp time is here! Ask at your neighborhood Recreation Center how you can help this summer! Click on "Recreation Centers" in the left sidebar to find where our Centers are located...
VOLUNTEER NEWS June 2018 UPDATED.pdf
Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" in the left sidbar for additional information!
We LOVE our Volunteers, and we want to make it EASY for you to come and help your community! Here are a couple of things you need to know:
- For some Volunteer opportunities, you need to enroll in our Volunteer Program - enrollment includes an on-line application and a background check. For Volunteer Screening Guidelines click on the link below. You MUST register/enroll in the Volunteer Program to be a Coach for any sport; or to assist with an ongoing program on a regular basis (Example: tutoring once a week, teaching ESL). To enroll in the Volunteer Program, please contact VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov
- You do NOT need to enroll in the Volunteer Program for one-day events or projects, or to help with a program ONE time (Example: chaperoning ONE field trip for an after-school program; Volunteering for a Saturday project).
Please note: Criminal record checks are to be conducted on all applicants over the age of 16 when enrolling in our volunteer program. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult that is at least 21 years old. Volunteers working with Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services must be at least 18 years old.
Volunteer Screening Guidelines
June 19, 2018
May 24, 2018
May 03, 2018
at First Ward Park at 7:00PM
at Romare Bearden Park... at 6:00PM